Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What A Great Day!

OK I know I'm doing an excessive amount of posting but today was a really good day and I just wanted to quickly let you guys know where I'm headed next!

I check out of my hostel in Sydney on Monday and as I mentioned I am heading to Byrons Bay. I booked my bus ticket (it's a 12 hour ride with stops for food) and a week in a hostel there. I am SO excited and the travel guy who booked it all for me was just as excited and said it was very smart of me to do some traveling before settling down in Sydney. I couldn't agree more! So I get in on Tuesday morning and have a week to chill out on the beach and see all that Byrons Bay has to offer. As I mentioned, after that I'm still planning on going to check out Nimbim and from there I think my next stop is Fraser Island. It's the largest sand island in the world (not sure exactly what that means, but I think it's basically a giant sand dune). They say it's best to spend 3 days there to get the full effect. After that since I'm already headed north I might try to see the Great Barrier Reef, but because of all the floods and now Yasi (google it if you don't know) I might stay away and just have to head to Queensland once the wet season is over. After all that, I'll either look into wwoofing or try to hit the vineyards before settling down where ever I decide.

These plans are of course subject to change but it feels better to have it all laid out in my head (I'm not being anal at all...) Of course I will do my best to let you all know where I am, and seeing as how I'll probably be staying in YHA hostels which all have internet for $4 an hour I'll probably still post an epic amount of blogs.

But the real reason I wanted to post again was to tell you all about the AMAZING day I had. After sleeping in until around 10 (I had a late night last night) I was able to spend the first day alone which was so nice. No offense to Tchad who has been following me around, but I have been waiting to ditch out on him for awhile now. After booking my travel to Byrons Bay I took the ferry over to Manly Beach. What an amazing way to spend the late afternoon. No worries everyone, I got there around 2:30 and used plenty of sunscreen so I came away with more freckles and no burn! After relaxing in the water and sand I had a raspberry gellato and caught the ferry back so I could go to the apple store and get my laptop back!!! EVERYTHING got saved and I am posting this entry on it RIGHT NOW!! My faith has once again been restored with Mac products because of the amazing Genius Bar team. They never cease to amaze me.

Thank you all for your good vibes! They made it all the way to Oz and have severely improved my mood. I'm off to shower and get the sand off me and then get dinner and drinks with some new friends. I miss you all more than you know!

2 comments:

  1. OMG. that day sounds amazing. My day consisted of waking up, bundling up and tredging through snow storm number 429873984579283 to school, working, then trudging back home in the snow storm. haha. but it is amazing to live vicariously through you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, your computer is fixed! Love that Genius Bar! Your day sounds amazing....So happy for you. Take lots of pictures...The ice and snow here are so intense....My heart goes out to the people of Australia dealing with the aftermath of that horrible storm and all of the flooding. Glad you were safe! Have a ball and keep the blogs coming....Hoping to get a Skype soon for me and dad! Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete