Thursday, February 17, 2011

Waiting in Brisbane...


I am so exhausted. So I finally left Byron Bay and I’m in Brisbane right now waiting for my bus connection to Hervey Bay where I’m going to do my tour of Fraser Island. I don’t have internet here so I’ll have to remember to post this once I’m at the hostel.

My last day in Bryon was spent doing laundry and getting a massage. I’ve never had one before but I can safely say that it won’t be my last. Also, I finally met someone else to hang out with, and I have to say we were both sad we only got to spend the one day together. She convinced me to do the pub crawl again and this time it was MUCH more fun. It was an older crowd (and by older I mean my age and not 18) and though the clubs and bars were just as shitty as I remembered, the group of people was much better and I had a blast. The free drinks tasted like they had hardly any liquor in them, which was fine with me because I had to wake up at 6:45am this morning to catch my bus and I was definitely not drunk when I went to bed. For whatever reason, I woke up this morning with the WORST hangover ever. I think I was just really dehydrated and it was so early in the morning, but whatever the reason, I felt like shit.

I’m feeling much better now after resting on the bus and eating here at the Brisbane Bus station. I forget if I’ve mentioned my once again changed travel plans to you guys, but after Fraser Island I hope to come back to Brisbane for a couple of nights then go to Newcastle and then hit the Hunter Valley for some vineyard tours, hopefully in time for my birthday.

That’s it for now, I’m pretty exhausted so I’m going to read and chill out before my bus leaves in an hour and a half. Oh- so it’s possible I broke my camera. Don’t freak out though guys! I think I may have just gotten sand in it or something. It turns on and the lens comes out, but then it goes back in and then out and then in (that’s what she said lol) and then it says lens error. I’m hoping it just sort of fixes itself… And in due time I’ll put up the 20 or so pictures I’ve taken to represent my 2 and a half weeks here haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment