Monday, February 7, 2011

Byron Bay


12 hours on a bus does not go by quickly let me tell you. I have made it to Byron Bay in one piece, however, and that’s all that really matters. Unfortunately, it’s cold, rainy and overcast so I spent my first day wondering around a little in the rain, but I spent most of my day inside reading and napping.

Byron is pretty cool though- I feel like most Clarkies would love it here. It’s a pretty hippie town with lots of cute shops but it’s extremely small. There’s one main road that takes about 5 minutes to walk down and leads you to the beach. The beach is GEORGOUS, but like I said the weather was awful today so I didn’t get to enjoy it too much.

Regardless of the size there’s still a fair amount to do. You can take a 2 hour walk up to this lighthouse which seems to be something that everyone does while here. I’m also planning on booking a day where you go kayaking with dolphins! That’s probably what I’m most looking forward to. They also do day trips out to Nimbin, so I’m thinking of going on one of those to check it out and if I like it I’ll book a couple nights stay at the end of Byron Bay and if I don’t, at least I went and got to see it.

The hostel’s pretty quiet though, and I’m not sure if it’s because of the weather or if there just aren’t that many people staying here. It’s probably a combination of the two though. Not a big exciting update, but I haven’t really done anything yet. When something more exciting happens I’ll be sure to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment