Sunday, February 27, 2011

Life Update!

So apparently my last post was a bit of a downer and I just wanted to quickly update you guys on some decisions I've made and some things I need to accept that are out of my hands.

So today I went to the Optus store to finally get my phone sorted out and turns out I can't. In order to get a phone plan with data and internet and all that jazz I need to pass a credit check. In the states, this would be no problem. But I'm not in America, I'm in Australia and I don't have a job or any credit history here at all so needless to say, I failed. After that news sunk in I went to Global Gossip to let off some steam by yelling at them some more about fixing my phone so I can text people back home. Turns out it's not my sim card or global gossip- it's my stupid useless Blackberry. So as of now, I can call you guys and you can call or txt me, but I can't txt you back. Maybe I'll look into fixing this problem better at a later date, but for now I'm just going to deal with it.

On a slightly better note, I'm going to be staying in Sydney for at least one more month. My friends are all staying at a long term hostel in Glebe- a suburb 10 minutes away from the center of Sydney- and starting on March 8 I will be here too. It's not exactly the nicest place in the world and I'm sharing my room with 3 other people (one of them is my new friend Emma :D) but it's cheaper and I like the area. There are tons of little cafes and restaurants here too which means it shouldn't be too hard to find a job.

So this all makes me feel a little less stressed. Tomorrow we're doing the bridge climb which should be a LOT of fun and then this weekend were going to the Hunter Valley to drink wine, eat cheese and then drink more wine. But for now I'm going to finish watching the Oscars and relax. I miss you all more than you know!

1 comment:

  1. your blackberry isn't useless, woman. lol there are a lot of settings in the phone and something has been changed somewhere along the way, so when we finally skype, i will try to help you thru it because everyone i know who knows phones extremely well, including me, knows that blackberry is 100% the way to go for international cell situations and there's something messed up in the settings for some reason. anyway i'll try and help u when we finally skype. <3

    ReplyDelete