Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Adventures in Byron


So yesterday was a fantastic day! I went to beach around noon with my new friend Kat (guess where she’s from… London. I don’t know what it is but the Brits just seem to flock to me…) I thought I had done a good job with sunscreen but my belly and the backs of my legs got very burnt. They hardly get to see the sun so I’m not surprised but today I’m feeling a little sore to say the least. Later today I’m going with Kat to kayak with dolphins which should be LOTS of fun, but I really hope being out in the sun doesn’t make my burn any worse.

Yesterday, after the beach, we walked up to the Byron Bay lighthouse which had spectacular views. Guess who didn’t bring their camera again though? It’s ok because I’m still here for awhile so I might just do the walk again so I can actually take pictures and post them to facebook for you guys. I have lots of cool pictures on my phone and I wish there was a way to get them on my laptop to share with you guys…

After that we had dinner at a great little Israeli restaurant where I had falafel. We had signed up for a pub crawl earlier in the day so after a filling meal we headed over to that. At age 22 (almost 23) I have never felt old at a bar before. This pub crawl made me feel 30. Everyone showed up already wasted and was between the ages of 18 and 20. Needless to say we didn’t end up getting drunk dispute our efforts, but the night ended in a funny little twist that I’d love to share with you, but unfortunately my parents read this. So friends, feel free to message me if you want to hear about the dumb Costa Rican kids we accidentally swindled.

Bryon Bay is one of the most beautiful places I have been yet and if you find yourself in Australia I absolutely recommend coming here for a few days. I’m doing a day trip to Nimbin tomorrow but then I want to look into booking a tour of Fraser Island for a night and then try to book a night or too in the Hunter Valley back near Sydney for some wine tours and then end my short vacation and head back to Sydney. Once I finalize this all more I’ll be sure to let you guys know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment