Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ramblings!


So I’ve been very bad at posting updates to my blog. I suppose I just don’t have as much to say now that I’m settled and sort of into a routine. That and a lot of the stuff I want to write about I’m sick of thinking about. Right now I am happy. And it’s been a long time since I could say that. For the first time in my life I have no responsibilities, no one to answer to, and I am taking complete advantage of it. My life is essential college without the classes and/or part time job. And what’s wrong with that? Whose idea was it that we shouldn’t enjoy our lives while we can instead of doing what we have been told is the right thing to do and what we’re supposed to do? I’m not saying I plan on quitting life forever and not getting a ‘real job’ but why is it so taboo to take time off? And there’s that whole ‘real job’ thing too. I have NO clue what I want to do after all of this (and thankfully I don’t have to think about it for a long time still) but when I do occasionally think about it out of habit I just assume I’ll continue my search the same as I was when I was home and no time had passed- writing cover letters, sending out my resume, and using any and all contacts I have to get in somewhere, anywhere. I honestly haven’t been putting thought into that subject at all while here- I’m not sure what made me jump to that. I just want to end up doing something I love. Money ruins everything. I am so fortunate that I have worked my butt off and saved so I can do this, but I know people doing it on MUCH less.

Also, I’ve been doing an insane amount of reading while here. I just started 1984 (well, I started it 2 days ago and have read two thirds of it already) and wow what a mindfuck. I always knew it was but I’ve never actually read it so I figured why not? I’m loving it, needless to say, but it’s pretty dense. It definitely has made me stop and think about a lot. I’ve read 8 books since I’ve been out here and next on my list is The Book Thief. If anyone has any suggestions for what to read after that I’m all ears! 

No comments:

Post a Comment