Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Toto, I don’t Think We’re In Kansas Anymore…


With a new move comes a slew of new emotions and accordingly, a new blog post. My 12 hour long bus ride wasn’t too bad- it was a full bus which sucked and the driver wouldn’t stop texting (I had to sit in the front seat and could see) which caused me to fear for my life on a couple of occasions but I made here alive nonetheless! I’m alone again which is good and bad. It’s real motivation to get my shit together and find a job and not just bum around all day like I had in Glebe, but it’s also lonely- especially since I no longer have free internet :(. I even managed to pull a job interview already, which is pretty sweet! I had applied to an events promotion company back in Sydney right before I decided to leave and they called me for an interview. Since I had already booked my stuff for Melbourne, I told them I was unavailable, but they said to give their Melbourne offices a call which I did this morning and have an interview already for tomorrow morning at 9am. I’m excited and nervous! I’m not exactly sure what the job is for but the company seems cool from what I quickly got off their website and it’d be a legit job that could go on my resume back home.

I still have so much to figure out here though. Where I’m going to stay once this week is up, what I’ll do if this job doesn’t work out, what happens if I run out of money, what am I going to wear tomorrow, what is the meaning of life, etc. You know, all the basics.

I desperately needed to screw around for my first 3 months of being in Australia. I just wasn’t happy at home and was sick of trying to get into this whole ‘real life’ gig that everyone keeps badgering me about. At the end of the day, I just want to be happy. I know this is cliché and sounds so easy, but it hasn’t been for me. I keep expecting there to be this AHA moment in my life where the curtain gets pulled back and it turns out I’m meant to be a (insert career like job here) but that’s just not going to happen. I know this. The wizard is not real. He is just a man behind a curtain with a cool smoke machine (and a sick hot air balloon, but now I’m letting my metaphor run away with me).

Ok I am exhausted, so I’m gonna sign off now. If anything big and exciting happens, as always, you’ll be the first to know :) 

1 comment:

  1. This post was really deep and especially your Wizard of Oz reference really hit home with me :). Also I got your text yesterday and I am very proud of you.

    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete