Thursday, May 19, 2011

She Said I Think I'll Go To Boston


For those who do not already know, I have decided to come home. I have been toying with the idea of coming home for about a month now and things have finally come to a head here and I feel like it’s my time to leave. I met a lot of great people here and had a lot of fun, but the vacations over and I’m ready to come home. I feel more motivated than ever to try and sort my life out and get a real job, and at the end of the day that’s what this trip was about for me. I wanted clarity. It only took me four months, but I feel ready to come home. Australia is a cool place, but it’s just not for me. I wanted to get as far away from home as I could when I decided to come here and I’ve quickly learned that you can take the girl out of America, but you can’t take America out of the girl. I felt so lost during my senior year and after I graduated, but I don’t have the same sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach when I think about the future as I used to. I’ve learned a lot about myself and the rest of the world while here to say the least.

So that’s it for now. I might keep this blog going (and change the name obviously) because I’ve enjoyed writing it. People who I never thought would read it have told me they enjoyed hearing about my adventures, which I think is pretty cool. For most of you, I’ll be seeing you soon, but for those friends I’ve made along the way, I’d like to think of this not as a goodbye, but as a see you later.

PS: I have another, longer blog typed up explaining how I came to lose my job here. It's not pretty (I wrote it a couple hours after it all went down and was still very angry), so I'd rather not publish it on the internet for all to see, but if you'd like to know the story, just ask. I'm more than happy to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment